At McKesson Patient Care Solutions Inc. (“MPCS”, “we”, or “company”), we value the trust that our patients, caregivers (healthcare providers), and insurers place in us to appropriately use and protect information shared with us. This Privacy Notice describes how MPCS collects and uses personal information about you when you visit our website, as well as your choices about how this personal information will be used. By using this website, you accept the privacy practices contained in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using or submitting any personal information via this website.
This Privacy Notice applies only to www.mpcs.mckesson.com. McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have their own subdomains and websites and may not be subject to this Privacy Notice. Ad networks and other third parties have their own websites and privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites you visit to understand their privacy practices and your options.
This Website Privacy Notice is distinct from our Notice of Privacy Practices, available here. Our Notice of Privacy Practices is a special notice that describes how we may use and disclose your protected health information (“PHI”) to carry out treatment, payment or health care operations, and for other purposes that are permitted or required by law. It also describes your rights to access and control your PHI. Our Notice of Privacy Practices only applies to the Protected Health Information that you share with us – whether online or offline. Together, this Website Privacy Notice and the Notice of Privacy Practices describe how we may use and disclose any PHI that we collect from you via this website.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit our website, we collect the following personal information about you:
- Unique identifiers and preference information such as your username, password, marketing preferences, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, computer or mobile device, and your navigation and clickstream behavior from actions that you take on our website.
- Contact information, such as your name, home or other physical address, email, telephone number, fax number, and/or organization name when you submit a contact form.
- Information about you from affiliates, subsidiaries, ad networks, and other third parties and combine it with information we already have about you.
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet and we may combine such information with information we already have about you.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors to our website. These technologies include the following:
- Web Logging
- Like most other websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We may use this information to analyze our website traffic in order to improve our business and user experience, and may link this automatically collected personal information to other information we collect about you.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- How to Manage Cookies: You have the ability to manage your cookies (and similar tracking technologies) at your individual browser level. Each browser has different ways to manage cookies, so please review your browser’s Help menu to learn the best way to modify how your browser stores cookies. If you block cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some site features or areas may be limited.
- Types of Cookies We Use: We use various types of cookies on our website, including the following:
First-party cookies are cookies that are issued from the www.mpcs.mckesson.com domain. Third-party cookies belong to and are managed by other parties, such as our service providers. We use both first-party and third-party cookies on our website.
- First-Party and Third-Party Cookies
These are temporary cookies that are used to remember you during the course of your visit to the website, for example your login, account preference or shopping cart selection. We use session cookies to enable your moves from one page to another within the website while remembering information you entered. Session cookies expire when you close your web browser.
- Session Cookies
These cookies are used to remember you within the website and remain on your device even after you close your browser or restart your computer. We use persistent cookies on our website to remember you and your settings when you return to the website. Besides authentication, we also use these cookies to collect website traffic information for interpreting users’ visit patterns, so that we can improve our website functionality. In addition, by using persistent cookies, we may collect and use personal information about you for targeted online advertising.
- Persistent Cookies
We use Google Analytics to measure how you interact with our website in order to improve our user’s experience. To learn more about Google Analytics privacy practices and opt-out, click here.
- Google Analytics
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Our website does not respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries and requests, such as to fulfill and contact you with information about your order, send you email alerts, newsletters, and important notices, and provide you with related customer service.
- Improve the content on our website, and provide personalized website content based on your preferences
- Market products and services, and further develop our products and services to improve our business
- Conduct surveys and research
- If you participate in surveys, we may request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
How We Share Personal Information Collected
We may share personal information about visitors to our website with our McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries. Otherwise, we will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Notice. MPCS does not sell identifiable personal information about you to third parties.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose personal information about visitors to our website:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If MPCS is involved in a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of all or a portion of its assets to an unaffiliated third party, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding personal information about you.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how information about you that we collect on our website will be used and will provide choices about whether or not to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you can notify us of your preferences during the information collection process or using the contact information listed below in this Privacy Notice. You may change your choice at any time by contacting us at the address listed below or at MPCSinfo@mckesson.com.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or contacting us using the contact information listed below in this Privacy Notice.
Access to Personal Information
You can update information about you by contacting us at MPCSinfo@mckesson.com or at the address listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as required state or federal law or by the McKesson record retention schedule (whichever is longer). We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
How We Protect Your Information
We use reasonable and appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at MPCSinfo@mckesson.com or at the address listed below.
Buttons and Content from Other Companies
Our website may include buttons and content links to other companies (for example, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.). These features may collect your IP address and which page you are visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. We do not control these third-party websites and associated cookies. When you use a link to go from www.mpcs.mckesson.com to another website, our Privacy Notice is no longer in effect. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of each website you visit to understand their privacy practices and your options.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new website features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your choices. We will not apply changes to this Privacy Notice retroactively to personal information we have previously collected.
If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post those changes through a prominent notice on our website or notify you directly. Regardless of our efforts, we encourage you to review this Privacy Notice each time you visit the website.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of the privacy and security of your personal information, please email us at MPCSinfo@mckesson.com.
You may also write to McKesson Patient Care Solutions Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
540 Lindbergh Dr.
Moon Township, PA 15108