At AdaptHealth Patient Care Solutions, we understand the ostomy products we supply are important to patients’ quality of life. Our ostomy program can be described in three words – Products, Service and Support. Healthcare professionals, patients and insurance payers can have peace of mind knowing patients are able to receive the ostomy supplies they need. AHPCS ships ostomy supplies directly to patients and bills the patients’ insurance on their behalf.
Our ostomy program can be used by:
- Home health agencies
- Long term care facilities
- Health systems
- Hospital discharge planners
- Case managers
- Wound, ostomy and continence nurses
- Specialty physician practices such as urologists or colon and rectal surgeons
We are able to provide ostomy supplies for patients with chronic or acute medical conditions such as:
- Bowel cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis
- Congenital bowel diseases
- Neurogenic bowel
There are different types of ostomy. Some examples are2:
- Ileostomy: An ileostomy is an opening in the belly (abdominal wall) that is made during surgery. The end of the ileum (the lowest part of the small intestine) is brought through this opening to form a stoma, usually on the lower right side of the abdomen.
- Colostomy: A colostomy is an opening in the belly (abdominal wall) that is made during surgery. The end of the colon (large intestine) is brought through this opening to form a stoma.
- Urostomy: A urostomy is an opening in the belly (abdominal wall) that is made during surgery. It redirects urine away from a bladder that is diseased or not working as it should. The bladder is either bypassed or removed.